Point Data Not Showing on Dashboard Map - Line Data is Fine

Jump to solution
12-02-2023 05:54 PM
AbigailEbelherr
New Contributor III

I have created a survey for departments to enter capital projects using Survey123.  The data is then supposed to be displayed on a dashboard for the public to view.  The issue is that the dashboard I created for my point layer is not showing the points when I am logged out.  It does show the points when I am logged in and viewing the dashboard. The line layer works just fine whether I am logged in or out.

Point Dashboard

Line Dashboard

Combined Dashboard

For both surveys, I created a view feature layer from the data and a separate map using the view layer, I am using for the dashboard.  For both the Point and Line data, the sharing is set to Public for all layers, maps and dashboards.  The maps are set up exactly the same for both the point and line data.  The visibility range for both maps is worldwide to room.

There is a filter on both maps to show only approved projects, but the points would not display even when I removed the filter. 

Any ideas on what the issue specifically with points might be?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AbigailEbelherr
New Contributor III

I sort of figured it out, though I'll be honest in that I do not know why this solution works.  I turned on all the following settings:

Under the feature layer

• What features can editors see? - Editors can see all features
  • What access do anonymous editors (not signed in) have?  The same as signed in editors

Under the view layer

• Public data collection - approve this layer to be shared with the public when editing is enabled
  • Enable editing
  • What access do anonymous editors (not signed in) have?  The same as signed in editors

After all these were turned on, the point layer showed up. None of these settings were on for the line layer, which was showing just fine.

I began experimenting if I could turn off any of the settings I just turned on, and yes, the point layer stayed up each time until everything was reset to its original setting.  And now the point layer is still showing even though the settings are back to what they were before.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AbigailEbelherr
New Contributor III

I sort of figured it out, though I'll be honest in that I do not know why this solution works.  I turned on all the following settings:

Under the feature layer

Under the view layer

• Public data collection - approve this layer to be shared with the public when editing is enabled
  • Enable editing

After all these were turned on, the point layer showed up. None of these settings were on for the line layer, which was showing just fine.

I began experimenting if I could turn off any of the settings I just turned on, and yes, the point layer stayed up each time until everything was reset to its original setting.  And now the point layer is still showing even though the settings are back to what they were before.

0 Kudos