Stacked elements in dashboard have left and right arrows and not tabs

Jump to solution
07-27-2022 03:21 PM
Ryan_Gould
New Contributor III

I have 7 elements stacked together in a dashboard. There are usually tabs displayed under the stack to move from element to element. In my dashboard, the tabs were replaced with right and left arrows. How can force tabs to appear? The arrows aren't as intuitive for users. 

Here is what I would like to see:

Ryan_Gould_1-1658960456847.png

This is what my stack looks like with the right and left arrows.

Ryan_Gould_0-1658960416499.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveOwens
New Contributor III

The easiest fix may be to shorten the titles or reduce the number of characters on each tab. That will make them thinner and fit on the screen without grouping.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SteveOwens
New Contributor III

The easiest fix may be to shorten the titles or reduce the number of characters on each tab. That will make them thinner and fit on the screen without grouping.

Ryan_Gould
New Contributor III

@SteveOwens Thank you for the prompt response. That fixed my issue. I thought I'd already tried that. I didn't realize it was so simple. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
KellyKnapp35
New Contributor III

I ran into that too and did as @SteveOwens suggested and shortened the titles.   I also expanded the width of the element.  If your width is restrained, when you click on the middle of a  tab, a popup appears with all the tabs you can quickly jump to.  Maybe you could work user directions into your tab titles "Activity Description Distribution (click for more criteria)"

Ryan_Gould
New Contributor III

@KellyKnapp35 . Thank you for the reply. That's also a good idea. I will speak to the user of the dashboard and see what works best for them.

0 Kudos