Data Reviewer: Creating an automated service on server???

Jump to solution
08-06-2014 09:51 AM
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

I am looking into how you would basically publish out a service to ArcGIS Server that would automate running batches at night instead ad hoc requests at my desk during the day. My current workflow is I have batch files already created by I run those once a month. However this is time consuming and I have other jobs to work on.

What is the workflow and what tools would you utilize to complete this processs? Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor

Do you have ArcGIS Data Reviewer for Server?  If so, check out this new app we just released.

Data Reviewer Batch Validation Manager

If you only have DR for Desktop, you can create a python executable using Data Reviewer GP tools and use Windows scheduler to execute your batch jobs on a monthly basis.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor

Do you have ArcGIS Data Reviewer for Server?  If so, check out this new app we just released.

Data Reviewer Batch Validation Manager

If you only have DR for Desktop, you can create a python executable using Data Reviewer GP tools and use Windows scheduler to execute your batch jobs on a monthly basis.

0 Kudos
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

Let me verify that Michelle. Thanks again

0 Kudos
JonahWaterman
New Contributor III

Michelle,

I just found out we do have Data Reviewer for Server. I am working with our GIS Admin to begin automating batches through server. Thanks you rock