Evaluate Rules: Edit Operation Failed: ERROR: Operation failed to execute due to data not available.

05-11-2023 09:34 AM
NathanWestby
New Contributor

We are on 2.9.5 and have Data Reviewer SOE installed and Data Reviewer license. 

We are using branch versioning

We have a set of attribute rules for calculations, constraints, and validation. 
We are creating a new map from a published feature service that was shared to our portal with Validation and Versioning checked, and error tables included. 

When I Edit > Error Inspector > Evaluate Rules I constantly run into this error. 

I've tried with both leaving the current version as the default version, as well as with switching to a branch version that I created for my version edits. 

Any thoughts on what is causing our data not available? I checked every feature in this map has data in it's attribute tables. 

editoperationfailed.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayCary
Esri Contributor

A couple of things to check when you encounter this error:

1. Verify that all data sources configured in the validation attribute rules are included in the published service. For example, several check types include additional data sources (such as the Features to Compare data source found in the Feature on Feature check) that must also be included in the published service.
  2. Review the server logs (in verbose mode) of your federated server(s) to identify any errors related to Reviewer check executions.

Note: The installation of the Data Reviewer SOE is not required when using ArcGIS Pro-based workflows such as Attribute rules.

0 Kudos
NathanWestby
New Contributor

Your point #1 may be my issue. Does this apply for constraint rules as well? we published to feature services to our portal and I think I have rules from one web layer referencing features published in the other web layer shared. 

0 Kudos
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Nathan, 

Based on my previous experience, I encountered a similar issue when attempting to run the Evaluate Rules. After several attempts, I was able to resolve the problem by creating a new geodatabase and transferring all the related data, including the toolbox and feature dataset, to the new geodatabase. Once this was done, I ran the Evaluate Rules successfully without encountering any errors.

I hope this suggestion helps in resolving the issue if you are still facing a problem.

0 Kudos