How do I select features in the map and apply that selection to the records in the Reviewer Table?

Jump to solution
08-13-2019 07:59 AM
JasminePrater2
New Contributor II

I added approximately 1200 records to the Data Reviewer Table in ArcFM 10.6.1 and I am looking for a way take a group of those records that I selected in the map and select them in the table so I can do a mass update to their Correction Status.  The table consists of polyline features with a missing attribute and I have several of these features that are connected, thus sharing the reason for their missing attribute.  I am able to select them in the map, but cannot use that selection tool to select them in the table, too.  Is there a way to do this, or am I stuck reviewing them one by one? 

I am currently reviewing the records one at a time, but not correcting those which I've reviewed until I get to one that needs a different correction status.  Once I have reached the new status, I select all the recently-reviewed records in the table and apply their correction status.  This is taking a lot of time and I'm looking for ways to streamline this, as I have several data sets I will have to analyze, each being 1000+ records.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi Jasmine,

Currently, we cannot change the selection in Reviewer table based on the selected features in Map, however you can change the results showing in the Reviewer table manually by getting the Objectid's of the feature selected in map and using them in the Reviewer Table definition query.

Please see the screenshot below follow these steps:

1. Get a list of Objectid's of selected features in map using python

2. Copy that list and use it in Reviewer Table definition Query

3. Now in the Reviewer table, you only have results that are selected in the map.

4. Select all and change the Correction Status.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kumar

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KumarGaurav
Esri Contributor

Hi Jasmine,

Currently, we cannot change the selection in Reviewer table based on the selected features in Map, however you can change the results showing in the Reviewer table manually by getting the Objectid's of the feature selected in map and using them in the Reviewer Table definition query.

Please see the screenshot below follow these steps:

1. Get a list of Objectid's of selected features in map using python

2. Copy that list and use it in Reviewer Table definition Query

3. Now in the Reviewer table, you only have results that are selected in the map.

4. Select all and change the Correction Status.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kumar

JasminePrater2
New Contributor II

Thank you, Kumar!  This was exactly what I needed.

0 Kudos