Notepad function in ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
09-10-2023 09:07 PM
hm_stella
Esri Contributor

Hi, 

One of my customers is migrating from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro.

He'd like to know if there's a notepad function in ArcGIS Pro data reviewer just as ArcMap has in the data reviewer table.

hm_stella_0-1694405168251.pnghm_stella_1-1694405176855.png

If there's a function already in ArcGIS Pro or a future plan for this, could you please share it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @hm_stella ,

The Notepad functionality is not available yet. Currently, you can only use point geometry with the semi-automated review tools. However, you can create a file geodatabase containing the notepad feature classes for digitizing error geometry and perform your review using the editing tools. In the end of your review, you can transfer the digitized features from your file geodatabase to the Reviewer Workspace using the Write To Reviewer Table tool. 

Paulakark_0-1694436146008.pngPaulakark_1-1694436159563.png

Paulakark_2-1694436295598.png

To reuse the file geodatabase with the notepad geometry for each review session, you can save it as a layer package that will contain symbology and the database.

The process of transferring the notepad geometries using the Write To Reviewer Table tool can be automated using model builder. 

Paulakark_3-1694436340332.png

Thanks,

Paulina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Paulakark
Esri Contributor

Hello @hm_stella ,

The Notepad functionality is not available yet. Currently, you can only use point geometry with the semi-automated review tools. However, you can create a file geodatabase containing the notepad feature classes for digitizing error geometry and perform your review using the editing tools. In the end of your review, you can transfer the digitized features from your file geodatabase to the Reviewer Workspace using the Write To Reviewer Table tool. 

Paulakark_0-1694436146008.pngPaulakark_1-1694436159563.png

Paulakark_2-1694436295598.png

To reuse the file geodatabase with the notepad geometry for each review session, you can save it as a layer package that will contain symbology and the database.

The process of transferring the notepad geometries using the Write To Reviewer Table tool can be automated using model builder. 

Paulakark_3-1694436340332.png

Thanks,

Paulina

0 Kudos
hm_stella
Esri Contributor

I think this workaround fits to my case. Thanks @Paulakark !

0 Kudos
JayCary
Esri Contributor

As @Paulakark pointed-out, some of the basic tools used in visual QC review are already available in ArcGIS Pro and there are additional tools planned for future releases.

That said, I'd be interested in getting feedback on QC requirements your customer envisions needing after their migration to ArcGIS Pro. This input would help the team ensure that Pro-based workflows reflect current needs of data production workflows and improve over those created in the past.

Feel free to send me a message if you'd like to schedule a meet-up!

0 Kudos