Required fields of ready to use rules are not possible to fill in

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
DemouserDemouser
New Contributor

I want to create multiple Ready to Use Rules. However, as shown in the picture below, the required fields Features to Compare and Spatial Relationship are not possible to fill in. Same goes for all other Ready to Use Rules fields, where a value has to be selected from a pull down menu. 

Is there anything I has to set up beforehand? Would be happy aboput any hints.

error_data_reviewer.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnAnderson1
New Contributor III

@DemouserDemouser I was able to reproduce the behaviour you are experiencing in a File Geodatabase. I may have found a solution. Use the Catalog pane to navigate to the File Geodatabase. Right-click the feature classes and go to Manage. Then enable Global IDs. Do this for all the necessary feature classes. After I did this, the feature classes would then appear in the Features to Compare dropdown list using the Ready to Use Rule you described.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JohnAnderson1
New Contributor III

Hi @DemouserDemouser, instead of right-clicking a layer in a Map in ArcGIS Pro, you could try opening a brand new ArcGIS Pro Project and use the Catalog pane to connect to the geodatabase as the database user who owns the dataset (if you are using an Enterprise Geodatabase), right-click the feature class Data Design => Attribute Rules. This might make a difference? If you are using a File Geodatabase, try using the same method, but obviously there is no need to connect as a particular database user.

It looks like the Feature On Feature Ready to Use Rule is designed to check for a spatial relationship between a given feature class and another feature classes. Make sure that any other feature classes you want to specify as the Features To Compare are accessible using the same geodatabase connection.

0 Kudos
DemouserDemouser
New Contributor

Hello @JohnAnderson1 , many thanks for your help. However, it still doesn't work. I am using a FGDB and made sure all Feature Classes are within my FGDB. Still can't fill in the required fields. I also created new Feature Classes, but it is still not working. 

0 Kudos
JohnAnderson1
New Contributor III

@DemouserDemouser I was able to reproduce the behaviour you are experiencing in a File Geodatabase. I may have found a solution. Use the Catalog pane to navigate to the File Geodatabase. Right-click the feature classes and go to Manage. Then enable Global IDs. Do this for all the necessary feature classes. After I did this, the feature classes would then appear in the Features to Compare dropdown list using the Ready to Use Rule you described.

DemouserDemouser
New Contributor

It is working now! Thank you very much for your help and time. Any idea why global IDs need to be enabled?

0 Kudos
JohnAnderson1
New Contributor III

Hi @DemouserDemouser I'm glad you got it working. I'm not sure exactly why a GlobalID is necessary, that's a question for Esri 🙂.

0 Kudos