Topology Class and Validation Rules/Data Reviewer in Same Database

Jump to solution
a month ago
DanielMiranda2
Occasional Contributor

I have noticed that if I have a file geodatabase with both a Topology class and validation attribute rules, that the error inspector only works for topology. I have to delete the topology class before I can use the error inspector to evaluate and fix validation attribute rules.

Is this by design? I cannot find any documentation on topology + validation rules.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayCary
Esri Contributor

Hi,

You should be able to use the Error Inspector to view both Topology rule and validation attribute rule errors (although the Error Inspector may default to displaying Topology rule errors).

error_inspector.png

To view attribute rule errors, you will need to ensure that you have added the error layers to the map. From the Error Inspector, select the Error Layers item from the Source drop-down menu. Here is a doc topic that walks through this process.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayCary
Esri Contributor

Hi,

You should be able to use the Error Inspector to view both Topology rule and validation attribute rule errors (although the Error Inspector may default to displaying Topology rule errors).

error_inspector.png

To view attribute rule errors, you will need to ensure that you have added the error layers to the map. From the Error Inspector, select the Error Layers item from the Source drop-down menu. Here is a doc topic that walks through this process.

0 Kudos
DanielMiranda2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jay. I am not sure what I was doing wrong before, but I am now able to switch the error inspector between topology and data reviewer error layers.

0 Kudos