ArcMap 10.2, Windows 8.1, High-Res display issuees

10-01-2014 07:30 AM
CWalz
by
New Contributor II

I'm having some issues with my dual displays using this configuration. ArcMap never remembers which monitor it was opened on - it has to be moved every time. Fonts and icons are incredibly tiny. I changed the icons in options, but they don't stick - I have to set them every time.  When I open an attribute table and try to drag it the display, I have to dock it for it it stay on a display. And then undock it on the display where I want it. None of these are deal breakers, but they are incredibly annoying. I have not been able to pin this issue down - is it the 4K laptop display (although my external monitor is not 4K - it is 1920x1080). Is is Windows 8.1? Is it ArcMap?  If I set font sizes for various menus, palettes, etc those changes effect ALL of my programs, most of which seem to behave fairly well.

If anybody is using a similar setup and has experimented with fixes or work-arounds, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
13 Replies
PaulHickson
New Contributor III

http://support.esri.com/de/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/42242

look at this article folks as it looks like High res is a know issue.

0 Kudos
JessicaThompson
New Contributor III

this link is broken... could you help get to new link?

thanks.

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

More discussion on this - though that KB remains missing... Important to note that 10.2 is not supported under Windows 8.

Texts and icons in the interface of ArcMap 10.3.1 gets really small in windows 10,

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is this the KB article you are looking for:  FAQ: Why does the ArcMap interface appear blurry when the screen resolution is changed to a resoluti...  From what I recall about when I first read the article a year or so back, it seems they have added some additional content to it recently.  I am not sure if that is because of the move to the new Support site or just coincidence.