How do I update to 10.2.2?

05-14-2015 05:31 PM
AngelicaJusino
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, I have ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2 and I have been asked to figure out the procedure to upgrade to 10.2.2. Can anyone help me with this? All of my ESRI site searches have resulted in computer jargon that I don't understand.

Thank you very much in advance!

- Angelica

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AngelicaJusino
New Contributor II

I got it for school. My professor wants me to figure out how to do the upgrade, but this looks like a job for him!

SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Oh, it's an education version? You know, those are free right?

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

My thinking is that they have moved on to 10.3 now, and so that's the upgrade they are offering. You could get e student version of that for free here: ArcGIS for Desktop Student Trial

0 Kudos
AngelicaJusino
New Contributor II

No I don't think it is the free version... We have lots of packages and additional products with it (3D analyst, spatial analyst, ArcScene)... I don't know. I am just going to pass the issue back to my professor.

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Good luck!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

​Since you are with an educational institution you have "people" who manage the dissemination and licensing.  It could be your library or computer support people.  "He" should know who the "peeps" are and you can get it and the authorization codes from them.  I would just skip 10.2.2 and go to 10.3.x

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I wouldn't know about educational licensing and downloads, but for the rest of us, full versions (10.2.x, 10.3.x​) are downloaded thru myEsri site for the organization.  Typically there is one or more that are allowed to do the download.  the files are .exe that "unzip" and the install executable is part of the expanded structure.  But as Dan mentioned, if you have that install and associated files, 10.2.2 should be able to go on top of 10.2.

if you had 10.1, that version would have to be uninstalled, but the software install would let you know and prompt you to uninstall.  (If by chance you still have ArcInfo Workstation installed already, and wanted to keep in, you Can ignore the warnings....it can run with other versions....but that is just for some of us old timers )

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As Rebecca mentioned, you could just arrange a media of ArcGIS 10.2.2 for Desktop either from your organizational account in My Esri or contact your local Esri distributor. You just need to install Desktop 10.2.2. It will automatically detect the older version and upgrade it.

Think Location
0 Kudos