I have recently upgraded to ArcMap 10.4.1 and one of the keyboard shortcuts I had in my previous version does not work. It is the Clip tool - where I create a new polygon and clip it out from the larger polygon it was created in. Previously, I assigned a

Jump to solution
07-21-2016 10:33 AM
MartinRyan
New Contributor II

Keyboard shortcut that previously worked does not now work in ArcMap 10.4.1

0 Kudos
13 Replies
MartinRyan
New Contributor II

I looked again at the links you sent - the one where F2 renames a selected item seems to be related to working with a table. I am not using any tables - just polygons in a feature dataset.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

well, I am out of ideas and no one has chimed in and you haven't said whether mapping to another keyboard shortcut works, so you might want to contact tech support.

0 Kudos
MartinRyan
New Contributor II

Thanks - support it will be - I appreciate your efforts - I have tried mapping it to another key, and still not working - again, thank you

0 Kudos
MartinRyan
New Contributor II

ISSUE RESOLVED:

We discovered that a setting in:

Editor toolbar > Options > Versioning  was the issue for this particular problem.

The "Automatically save changes after each edit" box was CHECKED - this is apparently by default. With this option checked, Arc10.4.1 does not respond the the "Clip..." keyboard shortcut I assigned.

When I uncheck the "Automatically save changes after each edit" box and save my .mxd, all is well - all my keyboard shortcuts work as before, even the "Clip..." command - it immediately brings up the "Clip" window as before.

Thanks, Dan for your efforts.

0 Kudos