Consistent Error 999999 when running 2D templates and 3D templates

10-12-2023 09:26 AM
NJDEPBrandonMcAlister
New Contributor III

Hey Everyone,

I am currently using 2023.1 on an Enterprise 11.1 system and I am learning how to use the software. I have tried following ESRI training course but I have ran into an Error 999999 each time I try to run the process. Most recently I attempted the training here https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/get-started-with-arcgis-drone2map/ and I have downloaded the data for the project. However When ever I start running the process it always fails. Here is what the process log looks like:

Drone2Map Failure.PNG

 Any suggestions on what I should do differently?

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos
15 Replies
JerryBartz
Occasional Contributor

What version of ArcPRO are you using? A few 999999 Error have been fixed by upgrading PRO to the most recent version..

0 Kudos
NJDEPBrandonMcAlister
New Contributor III

Its Drone2Map desktop version 2023.1

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos
JerryBartz
Occasional Contributor

The 999999 is a generic error message for something unexpected caused the tool or process to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds. 

0 Kudos
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor II

Did You get this solved @JerryBartz ? Curios 🙂

0 Kudos
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi @NJDEPBrandonMcAlister,

Based off the error log that you posted it looks like processing is failing at the compute camera model step. Can you post a screenshot of the camera parameters that are being used. This can be found by going to the Flight Data tab> Edit Camera>Edit Camera Pane.

Thank you,
Mark

MarkBarker1_0-1697842920943.png

0 Kudos
NJDEPBrandonMcAlister
New Contributor III

Hi @MarkBarker1 

I'm sorry for the late reply I put this project on the back burner and had forgot about it. To fill you in on our equipment we are using the Freefly Astro equiped with a Sony A7R IVA Mirrorless Camera: Sony a7R IVA Mirrorless Camera ILCE7RM4A/B B&H Photo Video (bhphotovideo.com)

At first we struggled with capturing images that Drone2Map was able to read and it was all based on the size of the Jpeg. That has since been correctly and it was a drone setting that needed to be changed. 

When I made this post we had a work around procedure where we brought the photos into Adobe Lightroom and exported them from there, this would cause the image to lose its metadata and we had to define the camera model. However our specific camera model was not listed in Drone2Map. Below is the user setting I created for the Camera model, this was used during the test shown above.

FAABrandonMcAlister_0-1700051774982.png

Yesterday I updated the software to 2023.2 Build 188405, our images now have metadata and the camera settings are different from when I ran it originally. See below, I find it odd that the Camera Model is not what we have.

FAABrandonMcAlister_1-1700051882627.png

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos
NJDEPBrandonMcAlister
New Contributor III

Hi @MarkBarker1 ,

It failed at the same step, below is the full screen 

FAABrandonMcAlister_2-1700052170336.png

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi @NJDEPBrandonMcAlister,

Looking at your screenshots that you shared it appears you are running with a really high thread count during processing. We previously had an issue with going over 20 threads in Drone2Map 2023.1, but it should have been rectified with the latest 2023.2 version. However, based off what you are showing that might not fully be the case. 

If you attempt to manually lower the thread count to say 12 or so does the processing complete (Options> General> Hardware). If not, are you able to provide a bit more information on the machine you are working on? Specifically the hardware in use and whether or not it's a VM. 

Thanks,
Mark

0 Kudos
NJDEPBrandonMcAlister
New Contributor III

Hi @MarkBarker1 

I ran the test again this morning and after lowering my CPU thread from 40 down to 12:

FAABrandonMcAlister_0-1700138311592.png

and here is the full screen after it failed

FAABrandonMcAlister_1-1700139224210.png

The PC hardware is as follows

Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise OS Build 19044.3570

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6230 CPU @2.10GHz 2.10GHz (2 processors) 

Installed Ram 128GB

NVIDIA Quadro RTX 6000 (2 SLI Tethering Bridge)

I do have a brand new computer that I have yet to set up, we just received them this week. These machines are 7 years old

Thanks,
Brandon
0 Kudos