Drone2Map crashes when I attempt to create a new project, and will not open projects.

07-07-2023 02:42 PM
ParkerBenson
New Contributor

I am running ArcGIS Drone2Map and the rest of the ArcGIS suite using a Parallels 18 Pro virtual machine implementing Windows 11 on a machine with an Apple M2 Max processor with 38 core GPU. I am able to run ArcGIS Pro and the rest of the software suite this way successfully with no issues. I am able to start Drone2Map and connect to licensing and have the app display the interface to create a new project successfully. I tried to create a new project using the Sample Asphalt image set that is provided for the Drone2Map tutorial, and the program crashed and the ESRI error reporting interface displayed. When I attempt to open a completed project that my instructor had us download to demonstrate Drone2Map, the program shows an error message saying that the project could not be opened. I have searched for an answer on this forum and on the forums for Parallels and have not been able to find an answer as to why this happens. I have uploaded the Drone2Map error logs to Dropbox and created a link here to the file. The error message in the logs shows "ERROR - WorkspaceInterface:CreateProjectObject System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I am aware that my hardware is not officially supported by ESRI and neither is the Parallels virtualization environment, but I would appreciate it if I could get some help investigating the issue, as I would like to use Drone2Map as well as the other ESRI products that I am licensed to use and run successfully in this configuration.

0 Kudos
0 Replies