Drone2Map Thermal Orthomosaic using a DJI Matrice 300 RTK and Zenmuse H20T camera

08-23-2023 12:59 PM
Sanforan
New Contributor

Hi there,

My organization is interested in expanding our drone service offerings by purchasing a H20T camera to allow us to capture and produce thermal imagery. I was just wondering if Drone2Map is capable of creating an orthomosaic using thermal images from a Zenmuse H20T camera?

According to some Drone2Map manuals and guides I've found, R-JPG processing is currently supported, however, the H20T isn't on the compatible camera list for Drone2Map. Apparently, the H20T uses some form of proprietary (DJI's) R-JPG file format that is somehow different from FLIR's, so I wasn't sure if Drone2Map would work in our case, or if I should be looking at learning some different post-processing software, such as Pix4D?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RockRunEnterprises
Occasional Contributor

You can create orthos, but the temperature info won't be displayed in the bands. I've only theorized creating a new raster with the temperature range converted to pixels, but never implemented a test.

PatrickCasaday_0-1700596311035.png

0 Kudos
BrentDoty
New Contributor

Hi Patrick. I'm having the same issue with the Mavic 3T. I can create orthos, but haven't been able to extract any temp data yet. I'll let you know if we figure it out. 

0 Kudos
RockRunEnterprises
Occasional Contributor

There is an issue with DJI's proprietary temperature tagging system. I found a post on the DJI forums about it mentioning a coding script inserted somewhere in the workflow. There was no definitive answer however and it seemed beyond my skillset.