Images are being adjusted despite selecting no adjustment with RTK

07-21-2023 08:32 AM
JamesBurton1
Occasional Contributor

Drone2Map 2023.1.1 on Windows 10. 
I'm selecting "Fix Image location for high accuracy GPS (RTK and PPK)" in the Adjust Images section of the processing options. But then my processing report shows the images were adjusted. My processing report is attached. 

What gives? Why is drone2map adjusting my RTK images? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBarker1
Esri Contributor

Hi @JamesBurton1 ,

From the processing report it looks as though you incorporated ground control points. If you are using an RTK drone and using ground control points then the adjustment step is going to try to compromise between the two. I would recommend keeping the, "Fix Image location for high accuracy GPS (RTK and PPK)" option enabled, then changing your ground control points to be check points instead. This will allow Drone2Map to adjust to the RTK values while still providing you with some accuracy values in terms of how close the outputs match up with each control point (check point). Please give this a try and let me know if you still experience the same issue. 

Regards,

Mark

JamesBurton1
Occasional Contributor

Hey Mark,

I was including control points with RTK images, which I learned from you and the drone2map documentation, can create too much constraint. I've run this same job without control, and still find my images being adjusted. My check points are all 7cm or less, so I'm happy with the results, but I still don't know why my images are being adjusted. I'm checking Fix Image location for High Accuracy GPS. See the attached processing report. 

Thanks,

James Burton

0 Kudos