Processing with 2.0 Errors

07-24-2019 04:37 AM
ElginMoore1
New Contributor

Invalid file error when processing is the latest error....I've processed 1,000 of acres with 1.3x without any issues. Now when using 2.x the processing fails sometimes for no apparent reason. I've got; Blue Screen of Death, processing just stops, computer shuts down, "invalid file", "processing failed", etc...  Any ideas? 

Thanks

13 Replies
AnthonyMason
Esri Contributor

Jeremy, 

There is an issue in versions 2.0 and 2.0.1. If the horizontal and vertical accuracy are not specified when importing GCPs, the RMSE may be higher than expected. 

A workaround for this in versions 2.0 and 2.0.1 is to make sure your GCPs include the horizontal and vertical accuracy values when importing. If the accuracy is unknown, set it to .02 for both horizontal and vertical accuracy in your GCP file before importing, as this is the default used in Drone2Map 1.3.2. 

We have a fix for this coming soon in the 2.0.2 patch. Additionally in version 2.1 we will let you manually change the horizontal and vertical accuracy after importing control. 

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos
JeremyMurfitt
New Contributor III

Tony

Thanks for the update. I don't have D2M open. Do I add accuracy columns in the GCP file or is this a setting I updat once the GCP's have been imported?

Thanks

Jeremy

0 Kudos
AnthonyMason
Esri Contributor

Jeremy,

Add them to the file before importing. For example, if importing a .csv file, add two columns to the end - one for horizontal accuracy and another for vertical accuracy. If you do not know the correct values, simply fill them in with .02 and you should get the same results you are seeing in Drone2Map 1.3.2. 

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos
JeremyMurfitt
New Contributor III

Tony

Thanks for the quick response. Doing it know and hopefully back in action. I have been pleasantly (and that's an under statement) surprised by V2.0. The increase in functionality from 1.3 is staggering and creates a much better workflow. Dealing with GCP's and aligning with images took far too long. On the basis that this fix is going to work I will be very pleased and you have done a great job with this release. I estimate that drone related work for clients is now 40% of my business. I undertake real estate work, planning (or zoning), project management and GIS projects. With some of my Drone/GIS work I was considered for presenting at the 2019 UK User Conference. The integration of D2M with other ESRI products works well.

Thanks

Jeremy  (Everything is Somewhere Ltd)

0 Kudos