ArcGIS Earth Desktop App Microsoft 2.1.0.0 Install Won't Open

01-15-2024 06:10 AM
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I installed ArcGIS Earth desktop app from the Microsoft store and it opened when I first installed it, but when I go back to open it, it won't open.  Is there a security setting or app setting that I need to set for this app to open?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
3 Replies
Willy
by
New Contributor II

Hi @ABishop  

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
When ArcGISEarth won't open, is there any message prompt? or can you give us some screenshots of that moment? Here are some ways to troubleshoot this issue, will you please try them and feedback us?
1. ArcGISEarth runs with the singleton process mode, please check from the task manager if a previous ArcGISEarth is still running before launching a new process.

2. Reinstall the app then retry.

3. Download an ArcGISEarth setup(https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-earth/downloads) package and install it to retry 

Hope these are helpful to you. 

Best regards.

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello @Willy ,

Unfortunately, there is no error code or message that appears.  ArcGIS Earth just simply fails to open.  I have uninstalled it and removed all the files off my PC, then installed it again.  It opens the first time after the install, but then when I close it and try to open it again, it won't open.

Thanks,

Amanda

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
Willy
by
New Contributor II

@ABishop have you tried to install ArcGISEarth with the standalone setup package, does this issue still exist?

Willy_0-1705888236669.png

There are also some other ways to troubleshoot this issue, will you please help us to try, thanks! 

1. Check if any logs are generated in the starting process, the logs directory is at "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISEarth\logs", please replace the <user> with your username.  

2. Try to rename or remove your previous workspace directory, the workspace directory is at "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\ArcGISEarth\workspace"

3. Try to install ArcGISEarth on some other machines to see if this issue still exists.

4. Try to get some clues from the Windows event viewer, Windows Logs/Application.

Hope they are helpful, best regards to you

0 Kudos