ArcGIS Earth Google account login

09-15-2020 05:17 AM
Shek_KanCheung
New Contributor

Although I have turned the setting to "on" for less secure apps for Google, I still am getting the message "couldn't sign in to Google" in ArcGIS Earth 1.10. I have tried restarting my windows 10 and reinstalled the program but it doesn't work. 

3 Replies
JoeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Hi Shek Kan Cheung, 

For signing in to ArcGIS Online using a Google or other social media account, users will need to create an account first. That said, you can sign up for an ArcGIS Online account using your third party identities first and then use it to sign in whether in the browser or in ArcGIS Earth. If you are signing up for a trial account, using a username/password is currently the only option. Once that admin account for the trial organization is in place, you can invite other members via using their Google or other supported accounts to join the trial org.  

Hope that can clarify the workflow. Please let us know if you have any further questions by commenting below or sending them to ArcGISEarth_Feedback@esri.com.

Thanks, 

Joe 

0 Kudos
tarasch
New Contributor II

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem...

0 Kudos
Bing_AnChen
Esri Contributor

Hello @Shek_KanCheung @tarasch ,

This is an known issue in Earth 1.11 due to Google Privacy Policy Adjustments. We fixed this issue and enhanced social account login workflow for Earth in V1.12. Feel free to try our latest release and keep sharing any of your precious ideas with us via ArcGISEarth_Feedback@esri.com.
Thank you!

Bing'An

0 Kudos