Failed Linux ArcGIS AWS CloudFormation Template deployment

10-03-2023 09:15 AM
John-Waterman
New Contributor II

We are unable to deploy ArcGIS Enterprise in AWS using CloudFormation template:  ArcGIS Enterprise base components on a single machine: arcgis-enterprise-allinone.template.json

All help is appreciated.  Thank you!

See attached screenshots.

This error is from CloudWatch:

Unit firewalld.service could not be found.
Synchronizing state of autofs.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable autofs
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
100 23543 100 23543 0 0 67074 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 66883

0 Kudos
6 Replies
John-Waterman
New Contributor II

There is nothing special about our AWS environment or configuration...  Thank you!

0 Kudos
John-Waterman
New Contributor II

Does this template work with linux for 11.1? arcgis-enterprise-allinone.template.json

Can anyone confirm it works?  Thank you.

Do older ArcGIS templates work as we are getting S3 access errors?

Thank you.  

0 Kudos
MingLee
Esri Contributor

Looks fine from the screenshots you have shared. I have run not run a 11.1 CF Template for Linux in AWS yet. Last time, I used AWS CF Template was to deploy a 10.9.1 (Linux) into AWS. Might be worth trying an earlier version first (you can always upgrade it to 11.1)

0 Kudos
JohnWaterman
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply.  We moved on and installed the bits manually.  We could not wait or install an earlier version.  Thank you!

EJRowan
New Contributor

Did you ever solve this one? Two months ago, I ran this for Ent 11.1 and had no issues. I am rerunning it on a new aws account/environment and have encountered the same issue. 

0 Kudos
John-Waterman
New Contributor II

No.  Like I mentioned above, we moved on and installed manually.  We were unable to get support and could not wait.  hopefully, this gets resolved with future templates, i.e. fixed template, better documentation, better feedback, etc...  Best Regards, John

0 Kudos