How do I Disable ArcMap Runtime on Azure Cloud Builder

Jump to solution
01-31-2022 06:36 AM
Labels (1)
AngieCausey
New Contributor III

We have an ArcGIS Server 10.8.1 deployment using ESRI's Azure Cloud Builder.  Python 2.7 has been declared as vulnerable, so there are vulnerability findings on our Azure machines.  We have read articles on how to disable the ArcMap Runtime support in 10.9.1 (https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/administer/windows/disable-arcmap-runtime.htm), however, the instructions do not apply (and do not work) for cloud builder deployments.

What is the best way to go about removing Python 2.7 and any ArcGIS Server dependencies on an Azure Cloud Builder deployment?  We are planning to upgrade to 10.9.1 using Cloud Builder, but in doing so we also want to disable the ArcMap Runtime and remove Python 2.7 in the process and have been unable to find documentation on how to properly do this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Disabling Python 2.7 is an option only for deployments of Enterprise 10.9.1.  Any earlier versions, 10.9 or before, will not have that option present.  10.8.1 doesn't have any settings to be modified post installation, which is why that option is grayed out 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

The instructions that you have linked to above, and under the first section of "Modifying an installation" will work with a Cloud Builder environment, once the upgrade to 10.9.1 has been completed.  Cloud Builder makes deploying the software more automated, it doesn't change how the software functions after being deployed.

0 Kudos
AngieCausey
New Contributor III

On the current 10.8.1 deployment (Windows), when I go to ArcGIS Server 10.8.1 the Modify option is disabled.  Will that not be the case after I upgrade?

ESRI_1081_modify_option_disabled.PNG

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Disabling Python 2.7 is an option only for deployments of Enterprise 10.9.1.  Any earlier versions, 10.9 or before, will not have that option present.  10.8.1 doesn't have any settings to be modified post installation, which is why that option is grayed out 

0 Kudos
AngieCausey
New Contributor III

Excellent!  We plan to perform the upgrade this Wednesday and will follow the instructions as recommended.  After we are successful, I will accept your solution in this post.  Thank you!

0 Kudos