Arcgis Enterprise internal database weird loop

11-22-2022 03:54 AM
Remi_Foicik
New Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

After a failed attempt to upgrade from 10.9 to 11, we had to restore snapshots, It's ok, our ArcGIS Enterprise restarded well and it's now functionnal.

However, we're experiencing now a strange behaviour, our logs are kinda "scary" : 

2022-11-22_12h38_16.png

ArcGIS portal seems trying to start (or restart ?) the portal internal database every 5 minutes. I would like to point out that the Portal is functionnal.

I checked the windows event manager and....
2022-11-22_12h42_05.png

There is 2 message per try :
- pg_ctl : another server might be running; trying to start...
- pg_ctl : pg_ctl could not open log file logfile "C:\arcgisportal\logs\database\pgsql.log" permission denied

I wonder It must be a side-effect of the failed attempt to upgrade our arcgis enterprise but on the other hand, this configuration is a snapshot from the exact moment before the upgrade ?

Is anyone experiencing this problem ? I found nothing in another topics or on the web.
I'm affraid to try anything, even restarting the portal.

Best regards,

Rémi

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AL_77
by
New Contributor III

any news on this? Yesterday, all 3 of our Portal machines had this occur at roughly the same time (between 6pm and resolving by 8pm). We were not upgrading any of the portals at the time. 

AnibalMmartinez
Occasional Contributor

Tenemos el mismo problema con PORTAL y ARGIS ENTERPRISE 10.9.1, sobre windows 2019. 

El log dice: 

The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

pg_ctl: no se pudo abrir el archivo de registro «D:\arcgisportal\logs\database\pgsql.log»: Permission denied.

¿Alguna novedad o indicio?

Anibal Martinez

0 Kudos