ArcGIS Enterprise portal 11.1 not showing web map or loading organization tab

01-17-2024 08:24 AM
AbdelrahmanGhazaly
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm having an sudden issue using ArcGIS enterprise 11.1, suddenly I couldn't find web map tab and cannot open any layer in web map viewer.

The tab is available before signing in, after I sign in it disappears and I can't open any web map content.

Also I can't access my organization tab, it's loading but not displaying anything as shown.

I tried to restart services of all components, reindexing portal, Repair portal 

my environment is base deployment in single machine and I'm using Creator user type with admin privilege also this problem faced all organization users.

11 Replies
Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

Did you check your portal logs for errors?  

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
AbdelrahmanGhazaly
New Contributor III

Yes there was no severe error, Also I checked windows updates no new update and last update was a week ago

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @AbdelrahmanGhazaly , does your browser's URL bar show a valid certificate ? Certificates can expire silently and cause unexpected problems.

ChrisUnderwood_0-1705569977302.png

0 Kudos
IslamOsama
New Contributor

I faced the same issues too. The map tab doesn't exist, and I can't reach any organization data. 
my certificate hasn't expired yet
Screenshot 2024-01-25 003811.png

0 Kudos
AmandaDeMedeiros
Esri Contributor

Did your licenses or any part of your license expire?

• C:\Program Files\ESRI\License11.1\sysgen
  • open keycodes in Notepad and take a look to ensure there is nothing is expired that didn't get flushed out
Amanda De Medeiros
Esri Canada
0 Kudos
AndrewYearsley
New Contributor II

I'm having this exact same issue with ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1.  The site was working normally, but now suddenly the Web tab disappears after logging in.  If you view content, you are not able to open it in a map viewer.  No errors in the logs.  Portal organizational data does not load, just spins.  Has anyone found a solution?

0 Kudos
sajjady
New Contributor III

I have also facinf the Same issue with ArcGIS enterprises 11.0. Map tab is  disapearing after login and Oraganisation tab is not working. Even we can't open the wep map because option is disapearing. Checked all the certificated and logs.No Error. Kindly help

0 Kudos
AndrewYearsley
New Contributor II

For anyone else who encounters this issue, I was able to resolve it by doing an in place upgrade to 11.2.  Everything worked fine after that.

It does feel like the issue may be due to some sort of corruption in the Portal licensing data.  The Map Viewer works when you're not logged in, it only fails to load after you authenticate.  I also noticed that when the issue was going on, I couldn't even reapply the existing license in the Portal Admin API.  It would say "Failed to configure the definition of the appBundles Field Apps."

AL_77
by
New Contributor III

@AbdelrahmanGhazaly and @AndrewYearsley , thank you both for posting this. I have just encountered this issue and have a case open with ESRI. Same version 11.1, though ours is Enterprise Builder. Anyone hear from ESRI of a reason yet?

0 Kudos