ArcGIS Portal 10.7.1 hangs when users try adding a layer from "My Organization"

Jump to solution
10-21-2019 08:58 AM
MikeLamb
New Contributor II

When users create a new map in portal and search for layers, their respective content comes up with no issues. However, when they select "My Organization" it hangs loading the layers. Watching the network traffic, its caught in a loop trying to access collaborations from the /portal/sharing/rest API. If they enter the url being called directly into a browser it says they do not have access. I have tried a few steps to mitigate this...adding all members to the collaboration group....then tried removing the collab entirely....neither solved the issue. The only work around now is to have my users added as administrators, which is obviously not correct. If anyone has any fix for this issue, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Mike‌,

My name is Joe and I work in Esri Tech Support. This behavior sounds like a bug that we have logged for version 10.7.1, which is marked as fixed in version 10.8. The defining factor for determining whether or not you're encountering this bug, or if it's something different, depends on your Portal for ArcGIS authentication. Do you utilize IWA for authentication?

The bug name is BUG-000125033: Users signed in through Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) cannot search for layers under My Organization in Map Viewer.

If you are encountering this bug, I would recommend contacting Esri Tech Support to be attached to this bug so you can track its status via MyEsri. The listed workarounds are as follows:

• Add layers to Map Viewer by clicking Add > Add Layer from Web and pasting the item's REST URL.
  • Creating a custom role using the User role template and adding only the Collaboration check box appears to resolve the hanging issue. Uncheck the other administration privileges that are automatically populated when collaboration is selected. This minimizes any privileges needed to work around this issue.

Feel free to respond with any additional questions or concerns!

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Mike‌,

My name is Joe and I work in Esri Tech Support. This behavior sounds like a bug that we have logged for version 10.7.1, which is marked as fixed in version 10.8. The defining factor for determining whether or not you're encountering this bug, or if it's something different, depends on your Portal for ArcGIS authentication. Do you utilize IWA for authentication?

The bug name is BUG-000125033: Users signed in through Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) cannot search for layers under My Organization in Map Viewer.

If you are encountering this bug, I would recommend contacting Esri Tech Support to be attached to this bug so you can track its status via MyEsri. The listed workarounds are as follows:

• Add layers to Map Viewer by clicking Add > Add Layer from Web and pasting the item's REST URL.
  • Creating a custom role using the User role template and adding only the Collaboration check box appears to resolve the hanging issue. Uncheck the other administration privileges that are automatically populated when collaboration is selected. This minimizes any privileges needed to work around this issue.

Feel free to respond with any additional questions or concerns!

Joe

0 Kudos
MikeLamb
New Contributor II

Thanks Joe,

I'll created a custom user role until the 10.8 release. I appreciate you looking into this for me.

Mike