Attempting to Share Web Tool that uses a feature service to ArcGIS Enterprise 24032: Data source used by tool is not registered with the server

12-08-2023 10:59 AM
Labels (2)
ChrisDalla_Piazza
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm attempting to share a web tool from a model builder task that consumes a feature service to our ArcGIS Enterprise portal.  However, I get the warning: 24032: Data source used by tool <value> is not registered with the server and will be copied to the server: <value>

There does not appear to be any way to register a feature service and I don't want my model builder tool to act on a stale copy of data.  I need it to act on the live feature service.

Is there any way to make this work?

Thanks for your help or any pointers!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomManson
New Contributor III

Did this get resolved? ArcGIS Pro (2.9.9) is asking me to register a feature service to the same server on which the service is published.

0 Kudos
ChrisDalla_Piazza
New Contributor III

My solution was to place the task that accesses the feature service into a python script.  I then commented out the code that accesses the feature service and ran the model.  This prevented detection of the feature service when sharing the web tool.  After I published the model, I found the script on the server and replaced it with the original script, restoring the access to the feature service.

0 Kudos