Can 'enable sync' and 'keep track of changes to the data' both be turned on a hosted feature layer?

03-15-2024 04:55 AM
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have a hosted feature layer in Portal Enterprise 11.1 and I need 'Keep track of changes to the data (add, update, delete features)' to be turned on to use webhooks and I need 'Enable Sync' to be turned on otherwise users get an error on supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIDs.

However when I turn one on the other is greyed out? Is there any way around this?

RachelS_0-1710503677436.pngRachelS_1-1710503697287.png

Thanks

Rachel

4 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/use/manage-editing-hfl.htm

This setting is not available if the feature layer has sync enabled.

If you enableKeep track of changes to the data (add, update, delete features), you cannot subsequentlyoverwritethe hosted feature layer.You also cannot subsequently enable sync on the layer ifKeep track of changes to the data (add, update, delete features)is enabled.

Some users have suggested going manually into the Rest Admin for the service updating the capabilities this way:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-questions/feature-service-webhooks-error-at-11-0/td-...

0 Kudos
RachelS

Hi @ChristopherCounsell ,
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately my issue is slightly different. I've no problem ticking on the Change Tracking and it's visible in the capabilities.

RachelS_0-1711023645684.png

However with 'Enable Sync' needing to be turned off to allow change tracking, users can't make any submissions through Survey123!
Which defeats the purpose of  Tracking Changes when there is nothing to track if they can't add data.

If 'Enable Sync' must be turned on for Survey123 to work, surely this is a bug that you can't track the changes?

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor
The documentation indicates the settings don't allow for this configuration.

What are you doing with Survey123?

Sync is not required unless you're using Inbox?

Webhooks come be setup from the app - or do you need it to come from the
feature service update?
0 Kudos
RachelS

Funny thing is, I don't need sync, I'm not working offline or distributed collaboration, but if I turn it off I get this error.
I think Survey123 won't work with Enterprise unless sync is enabled, regardless if it's needed.

RachelS_0-1711025195837.png

I need to know when there is an update on the feature service (when a user adds a new survey through Survey123) so that I can trigger an email to get sent to notify everyone.

0 Kudos