Cannot open map in Map Viewer but works in Map Viewer Classic

Jump to solution
01-29-2024 02:38 PM
Labels (3)
TimSexton1
Occasional Contributor

I just upgraded my portal from 11.0 to 11.2.  Everything seems to be working for the most part but when I attempt to open an existing map in my portal's content, it will only open in the Map Viewer Classic and will not open in the "Map Viewer".  I also noticed that I can no longer "Add New" in the portals content section, just a blank window opens.  I'm wondering if these are related?
New item screen is blankNew item screen is blank

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TimSexton1
Occasional Contributor

Disregard this issue. I'm leaving it here in case others experience a similar situation.  Evidently after upgrading everything you need to clear your browsers cache.  This fooled me because it was working after upgrading the server and portal, then I upgraded my web adaptor (named it the same) and after that is when the trouble started.  Web apps 101 - clear the cache!

View solution in original post

TimSexton1
Occasional Contributor

I had to set a web context URL in portaladmin that pointed to my custom dns entry for portal. This fixed the Map Viewer issue.  I learned this at DevSummit.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/using-a-reverse-proxy-server-with-...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TimSexton1
Occasional Contributor

Disregard this issue. I'm leaving it here in case others experience a similar situation.  Evidently after upgrading everything you need to clear your browsers cache.  This fooled me because it was working after upgrading the server and portal, then I upgraded my web adaptor (named it the same) and after that is when the trouble started.  Web apps 101 - clear the cache!

ODWC_GIS
New Contributor III

@TimSexton1  I've cleared my cache twice now, and I still encounter the "There was an error" whenever I try to open Map Viewer in my Portal 11.1 site.  Map Viewer Classic still works.  Any suggestions for when clearing the cache doesn't resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
TimSexton1
Occasional Contributor

In 11.2 I'm actually still seeing some issues with the "Map Viewer" where the "Map Viewer Classic" works and the new one does not.  Have you tried an incognito window to 100% eliminate caches all together? Some times clearing the cache in the standard browser alone doesn't seem to clear it all the time.

0 Kudos
TimSexton1
Occasional Contributor

I had to set a web context URL in portaladmin that pointed to my custom dns entry for portal. This fixed the Map Viewer issue.  I learned this at DevSummit.

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/using-a-reverse-proxy-server-with-...