Database error has occured - feature layer in portal

Jump to solution
4 weeks ago
AudraPayne1
New Contributor II

Hello I have gotten in a sticky situation with one of my feature layer's on my clients portal. It has thrown me the error 'database error has occured' will not let me update fields in any manner (add, delete, change), also will not let me change my settings. when I tried to add a field it gave the 'Error' message below and when I tried to delete it gave a 'data error' message which is why I did the overwrite talked about below.

I completed an overwrite through pro, to client's enterprise portal 11.1 and it would add my fields I needed no issues, but tried to change my editor tracking settings through the settings when I overwrote the layer and wouldn't take those setting changes. 

No issues on Monday, issues started on tuesday and it is wednesday and still giving issues.

We completed an start stop on the server side of things, no changes still can update fields on the actual portal side nor change the track changes settings.

Take into account this layer is massive it has a lot of attachements it has 2 layers and a table and there is a relationship between 1 layer and to the other layer as well as the first layer to the table. 

Any information would be of help. 

This feature service is connected to fields maps a map, dashboard and experience builder with editing enabled its for roof inspections. 

49f8d18e-9e7a-4262-a30b-e49972ce4645.jpg

9e5040e5-4b0c-41dc-bb21-f934f20792db.jpg

  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AudraPayne1
New Contributor II

Hi Jake, sorry went away on vacation, but I was actually able to fix it by just turning off the editing settings and turning them back on!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @AudraPayne1, is this occurring for all hosted feature services, or just this particular one?

0 Kudos
AudraPayne1
New Contributor II

Hi Jake, sorry went away on vacation, but I was actually able to fix it by just turning off the editing settings and turning them back on!

0 Kudos