Enter SAML users from file

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
TychoGranville
Occasional Contributor II

We can successfully add users manually, so that part's not a problem.

I grabbed the csv template from my Portal (10.9.1) which has this (in Notepad++ for reference):

Email,Role,User Type,First Name,Last Name,Username

Various ESRI help docs list user type and roles as:

role—This is the role the organization-specific login will have in the organization. Valid role values are viewer, user, publisher, data editor, admin, or <custom_role_name>

Some examples of user type id values for the standard user types include viewerUT, editorUT, fieldworkerUT, creatorUT, GISProfessionalBasicUT, GISProfessionalStdUT, and GISProfessionalAdvUT

My csv file ends up with:

2024_04_17_10_34_40_ListFromAD.csv_OpenOffice_Calc.jpg

Portal throws this:

2024-04-17 10_37_35-ArcGIS Enterprise - SANDBOX - Members.png

 viewer/viewer works (if I drop the UT), where is a list of the correctly spelled/capitalized/etc. strings for Role and User Type? I'm tired of trying to guess.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

You can just use the User Types as listed in your Org Licenses section.  "Creator", "Editor", "Mobile Worker", and "Viewer" for example.

GISP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

You can just use the User Types as listed in your Org Licenses section.  "Creator", "Editor", "Mobile Worker", and "Viewer" for example.

GISP
0 Kudos
TychoGranville
Occasional Contributor II

Bah. I flipped the user and role fields in my head (matching the order on the screen, not in the csv). In my defense, I did have to remove the UT portion of the string the help doc said it needed...

Thank you for the quick reply.

Tycho