Enterprise Portal Related record in experience builder edit widget

Jump to solution
a week ago
AudraPayne1
New Contributor II

Hello I am trying to use the edit widget in experience builder to add new features and or table to a related feature.

So i have a hosted feature service with a Roof polygon layer, Roof Issue point layer and Roof Inspections table

Roof Issue layer is related to Roof via globalid (Roof) and parentguid (Roof Issue)

and

Roof Inspections is related to Roof via globalid (roof) and parentguid (Roof Inspections)

I want to be able to create/add a roof inspections and or roof issue based on the relate.

also its a 1 to many relationship that was created in pro and published to portal

So in my field maps which is working perfectly fine you select a Roof polygon and you can choose to edit/update or add/create a Roof Inspection or Roof Issue

I saw this article regarding map viewer which I assume can translate to the edit widget in experience builder but the article was meant for Arcgis online, now I know these features were also supposed to be updated at the end of 2023 for 11.2 portal so I shouldn't be having any issues

Introducing Related Record Editing in Map Viewer (esri.com)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

You'll find a number of posts on community where we all rage at ESRI for not including this behavior, but New Map Viewer does not currently support adding related records. It is baffling that has not been including given how critical a workflow it is.

There are some narrow exceptions: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/introducing-related-record-editing-i...

Since you posted in Enterprise questions, I assume you're not using AGOL, which basically means you are out of luck. I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I also hate this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

You'll find a number of posts on community where we all rage at ESRI for not including this behavior, but New Map Viewer does not currently support adding related records. It is baffling that has not been including given how critical a workflow it is.

There are some narrow exceptions: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/introducing-related-record-editing-i...

Since you posted in Enterprise questions, I assume you're not using AGOL, which basically means you are out of luck. I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I also hate this.

0 Kudos
AudraPayne1
New Contributor II

Thank you for enlightening me, I do appreciate it. After much research I had a feeling, this was the case. There is always something being left out with portal upgrades...  

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

The really frustrating thing is that it wasn't/isn't just Portal, when New Map Viewer was made default and ESRI really started pushing it, the behavior wasn't even there for hosted layers either. Just a really bad decision not to prioritize it.

0 Kudos
AudraPayne1
New Contributor II

that's crazy I do most of my efforts in portal since I work with clients and never thought twice about this issue until we were moving from AGOL to portal with this field maps application that was already existing. 

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

You're not the only one.

0 Kudos