Error in image service publish from registered folder (process crashed)

06-26-2022 11:29 PM
geeblr
by
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I have registered a folder in arcgis server and validated it was success. Then from the same folder i tried to publish an image service by creating mosaic dataset, it shows successfully published to the arcgis portal.

But when I open the same service in portal it shows the data cannot be added to web map. In the server manager it shows the service is not started but when click on start it shows the "process crashed find the error log in the server path".

If I share the same mosaic dataset as map service it is published successfully and even can be seen in the webmap and server manager. everything works fine with map service.

Can anyone give solution for this or any suggestion what might be the issue for not starting the service? @HyderabadESRIInida

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What version of ArcGIS Enterprise are you using? Are you using ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro for publishing (mention version)?

Does your ArcGIS Enterprise include ArcGIS Image Server role (license)? Required for publishing Image Service from Mosaic Dataset.

Could you elaborate on the steps (with screenshots) for publishing the image service?

If your product is under maintenance, please contact Esri Support Contact Support.

Publishing image services—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

ArcGIS Enterprise Functionality Matrix | Updates for 10.9.1 (esri.com)

Think Location
geeblr
by
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS enterprise 10.9 and used ArcGIS pro 2.8 to publish the service.

Yes, I have the license to publish image service from mosaic data-set.

First i have registered the folder on the server and validated it, it was success.

Then from the same folder I created file gdb and created mosaic data-set and published as web-layer from ArcGIS pro 2.8, it was successfully published.

when i opened the service on the enterprise portal it say data is not there. so I checked it in server manager the service has not yet started, so when i start it it shows message "failed to start the service, process crashed, please check the error log for further details". Sorry I don't have the screenshot.

0 Kudos
ElizabethLorenaRodriguez
New Contributor III

Hi @geeblr 

Do you have installed in the Portal machine, Data Interoperability for ArcGIS Pro?

And Does the mosaic have  UNC Path right?

0 Kudos