Registered referenced layers not drawing for organisation members on viewer role?

Jump to solution
01-08-2023 01:56 PM
Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi there, 

We have a map built in our Portal 10.9.1 system which containers registered layers which are published from our Enterprise geodatabase. This map and its layers are shared to the entire organization. 

Only I (on a custom role with high privileges), and the admin account can view all the layers correctly in the web map. However other organization members (on Viewer roles) can only view the non-registered layers in the map. It does not prompt an error message; it just gets stuck on infinite loading. 

Having looked at the member role permissions, I can only see the highlighted below which mention publishing referenced content. Is there a particular permission which is needed for users to view these registered layers? I assumed that because they are shared organization wide that they would be able to view these.

Hayley_0-1673214841829.png

HL
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hayley
by

Hi @sxw_eaglegis thanks for your response!

Yes, I didn't know that the map image layer the feature layer is dependent on needs to have the same sharing settings even if the map image layer is not in the map. I changed the sharing of the map image layers to organization wide and now everyone in the organization can see the feature layers. 🙂

HL

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sxw_eaglegis
Esri Contributor

Hi Hayley,

Are the layers published from an enterprise geodatabase published as map services with feature access enabled? How did you publish the layers? Are the layers in the web map feature layers or map image layers?

I'm just wondering if the feature layer is shared and map image layer is not or something like that.

0 Kudos
Hayley
by

Hi @sxw_eaglegis thanks for your response!

Yes, I didn't know that the map image layer the feature layer is dependent on needs to have the same sharing settings even if the map image layer is not in the map. I changed the sharing of the map image layers to organization wide and now everyone in the organization can see the feature layers. 🙂

HL