Restricting access to mapviewers in Portal

07-20-2023 01:02 AM
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have a map gallery on portal that only a certain group can access, within that gallery I have one mapviewer shared with that group.

I'd like to add another map viewer to that gallery that is shared with a different group of people.

Is this possible because both mapviewers have to be shared with the gallery which will have both sets of groups accessing it.

Essentially what I'm looking to do is have my map gallery called 'Restricted Access' contain different mapviewer that different groups can access.

Or is there a different way I need to set this up?

Thanks

Rachel

2 Replies
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

A simple workaround for this would be to use groups to manage access to the maps i.e. group names would be Restricted Access - Team 1 and Restricted Access  - Team 2

To give the gallery effect, you could share the URL to the group with the relevant team members with parameters to display the group as a grid e.g.

portal/home/group.html?id=<YourGroupId>&view=grid#content

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."
0 Kudos
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks,

I got around it by creating a new gallery for the second group, as I wanted everyone to use the Map Portal.

So although everyone can see the thumbnail for the gallery there is no web apps visible within it, if they don't have permissions to see it.

0 Kudos