Already a WebGIS backup request running for 'relational' data store

Jump to solution
02-13-2023 09:47 AM
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Whenever I attempt to run a WebDR backup I get the following. Even restarting the portal fails to resolve this.

Failed to back up the Relational ArcGIS Data Store:
Url: https://hostingAGS.domain.org:2443/arcgis.
{"jobId":"bxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-aefbef3731b7","errorMessage":"There is already a WebGIS backup request running for 'relational' data store.","description":"Create data store snapshot 20230213-120209-EST-79-BACKUP to \\\\hostingAGS1s\\e$\\WebGISSite1676308777997\\dataStore\\4xxxxxx9-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-0a2ad801cff1","lastModified":"2023-02-13 12:19","status":"failed"}

How do I cancel this existing running task?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ahargreaves_FW

I did, it did. It gave me the error in the original post and failed to backup my datastore. The advice from Support was  to look at active processes and requests on my Windows Task Manager - referencing the Command Line column to processes related to 'ArcGIS' and then kill the one I want to if you can find it there.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do you run WebDR backup manually or is this setup as an automated task?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Try restarting the ArcGIS Data Store application.

ahargreaves_FW

Hey @JakeSkinner ,

I resorted to restarting this service, but had to wait until after hours as it's not possible to do so when in use. Is there a way to stop that WebGIS backup request running for 'relational' data store via REST page so I can run a backup during business hours?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You can run the WebGISDR during business hours.  It will not affect ArcGIS Enterprise.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

I did, it did. It gave me the error in the original post and failed to backup my datastore. The advice from Support was  to look at active processes and requests on my Windows Task Manager - referencing the Command Line column to processes related to 'ArcGIS' and then kill the one I want to if you can find it there.

AYUSHYADAV
New Contributor III

Hi @ahargreaves_FW ,

Can you please elaborate on which active processes and requests you found and killed from Windows Task Manager related to ArcGIS on which machine (portal or data store)

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ayush

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW

Both Datastore and portal

0 Kudos
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm working on a similar task at the moment.

I can see that your output from the backup is to here:

\\\\hostingAGS1s\\e$\\WebGISSite1676308777997\\dataStore\\4xxxxxx9-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-0a2ad801cff1

One of the things I've found on a client site is that there Data Store has blown out in size over the last few months and the backup is now taking in excess of 2 hours.  We previously had the datastore backup at 1AM and the Webgisdr site backup at 3AM.  However, the first backup isn't completed by then, so the webgisdr fails because of the same error message you've mentioned.

We are in the process of changin the output location of the backup so that it is on local disk (no network bottlenecks) to see if that speeds things up.  The plan would then be to robocopy the output file to the same location on the remote disk.  

I'll feedback if we see a noticeable improvement in performance for backing up locally.  I should know in the next hour or so.

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/