Arcgis desktop 10.2.2 CACHE COMPATIBILITY

06-12-2014 05:05 AM
giuseppeprocino
New Contributor II
Dear all,
the cache generated with Arcgis desktop 10.2.2 is compatible with an older ArcGIS Server 10.1?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
Are you asking about moving a cache created for a 10.2.2 service to a 10.1 environment or are you simply asking about the desktop client involved with generating the cache.  If it's the latter, then I believe you can do this without any compatibility issues if you connect as a Publisher to create the cache.  Making an Administrator connection from a 10.2.2 client to a 10.1 server will not work.  If it's the former, then I have an opinion to share on that.  While I have not personnally tried to do this, I do not see why moving a cache created at 10.2.2 wouldn't behave or publish correctly for a 10.1 service.  In looking at the Esri online documentation, the cache tile format and storage format options all have the same possible parameter inputs for both versions of the ArcGIS for Server application.  You service properties and input service definition would likely need to be exactly the same in 10.1 as it is in 10.2.2 but I believe theoretically you should be able to move the cache tiles.
0 Kudos
giuseppeprocino
New Contributor II

Hi William,

I'm asking about moving a cache created with ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2 to ArcGIS Server 10.1. In other words if cache format of ArcGIS Server 10.1 and ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 are the same.

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Giuseppe,

I have done this with both the exploded and compact cache formats and not had any issues

Regards

Anthony

0 Kudos
giuseppeprocino
New Contributor II

Good job! Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos