ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2: After upgrading to 11.2 some items detail pages don't load for some Tile Layers (Hosted)

01-09-2024 08:40 PM
AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

After upgrading to 11.2 we notice some Tile Layers (Hosted) item detail pages do not load in Portal. 

In the Content tab you can still select the layer and from there share it with a group, and within a Map bring the layer in (search for the layer in Portal and bring it in) and then display it in the web-map. But trying to check the summary, description, credits is not possible as the page does not load. This does not happen with all hosted Tile Layers only with a few of them (there is not consistency with the behaviour, some are shared with group, some are not).

AndresEcheverri_0-1704860639984.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ClaytonSedberry
New Contributor

Following.  I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Occasional Contributor III

Hey @AndresEcheverri 

If possible, would you be able to Reindex your portal? I know it may seem trivial, but it helped some view issues I had after upgrading https://your-org/portal/portaladmin/system/indexer

After that, are you using a Reverse Proxy at all? If so I'd check linkages and certificate validation.

Finally, I'd attempt to check out the hosted information on the server itself, see if it's visible, or accessible in any way and see if you can manipulate from there possibly.

Let me know how it goes and I can find some other methods I'm sure!

Cody

0 Kudos
AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @CodyPatterson 

I reindex the portal, but didn't do anything with those items (still unable to access the item details page). The hosted information is visible in server, I can see all the configuration in Server Manager (in the same way of working items). It doesn't seem to be a problem with certificates or reverse proxy either and nothing weird with links (they look the same as other items where I can see the item details page).

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Hey @AndresEcheverri 

Sorry to hear that my ideas didn't end up helping, I was curious if, since the items are hosted, if you'd be able to restart the services on these items? Along with that, I was curious if you could check the Portal Logs and Hosting Server Logs for any indication of what could be happening, I'm very curious if something is showing on either.

Along with that, what version of ArcGIS Enterprise did you upgrade from?

Cody

0 Kudos
AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

Nothing evident in the logs, as hosted I can't restart the web service. Also when looking in the Dev Tools, I can't see any request with not response, or anything different to one of the items that show the item details page normally.

I upgraded from 10.9.1 to 11.2. 

I think I will rise a case with Esri to see if there is something known about it.

Thanks.

Andres

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Hey @AndresEcheverri 

Very interesting, I would agree that it would be time for support to take a look as it seems as if it is something out of view of normal users like you and I. I'd be very interested to know what their view of it could be, and what could be causing it. Sorry I couldn't help as much as I wanted to!

Cody

0 Kudos
AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for throwing those ideas @CodyPatterson. I'll update with results from Esri support.

0 Kudos
AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

After weeks of engagement with Esri support, the answer is that the issue started in version 11.1. Status of the bug is "In Review", and while "in review" it might affect newer versions, like 11.2

BUG-000163200 - Hosted Tile Layers overview page in portal at 11.1 hanging after in place upgrade.