ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2: item settings for MapService returns 403

Jump to solution
11-24-2023 07:43 AM
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Testing the new 11.2, I was very excited by the new functionnality allowing to configure ArcGIS Server services directly from Portal for ArcGIS and not from ArcGIS Server manager:
https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/use/manage-map-image-layers.htm

But whenever I access the settings of an item of a MapService, a pop up shows up:

NicolasGIS_1-1700840501971.png

The error is coming from the fact the ArcGIS Server web adaptor has the Admin access disabled so it should use the proxy I guess ?

Anyone facing the same issue ?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Nicolas

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicolasGIS

For information, it's been logged:

BUG-000163220: Accessing service settings runs into status error 403 when ArcGIS Server WebAdaptor is disabled for administrative usage

View solution in original post

5 Replies
NicolasGIS

For information, it's been logged:

BUG-000163220: Accessing service settings runs into status error 403 when ArcGIS Server WebAdaptor is disabled for administrative usage

AndersAh
New Contributor

Hi.

I am facing the same issue. Any new info on this? Is there a workaround? Enabling administrative access in WebAdaptor enables the settings in Portal, but seems to cause ArcGIS Server to stop working.

Best regards

Anders

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

Hi @AndersAh ,

No info on my side. What I can tell is that the bug is still "in review" on My ESRI (ie: "The issue is being reviewed. The review process ensures that the issue contains all necessary information and is easy to understand, that it is not a duplicate of an existing issue, and that it is a valid bug or enhancement request") which is quite strange for these kind of obvious bug (ie: easy to reproduce). 

But enabling administrative access of ArcGIS Server's web adaptor should not prevent it from working. I think you must have another issue. On my side, as a temporary workaround, I enabled administrativ access on the webadaptor  and disabled external access of admin and manager URL at reverse proxy level to solve this issue and everything is now working fine. 

What do you mean by ArcGIS Server stop working ?

0 Kudos
AndersAh
New Contributor

Thank you @NicolasGIS for your quick response.

After enabling administrative access I had trouble accessing services and Server Manager, and discovered the ArcGIS Server Windows service had stopped running. Started it manually but it stopped again after a few minutes. Seemed to work normal after I disabled admin access.

But, as you say, there might have been other issues. Ran into more problems later, for example all data stores failed validation. After troubleshooting for a few hours I finally rebooted the server machine and now everything looks ok.

Will be interesting to see how that bug process evolves. Meanwhile I'll try to enable admin access again and hope my server stays up.

/Anders

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS

It's really weird, the bug does not evolve... Still being analyzed while support was able to reproduce...

I am afraid it won't even make it to 11.3 at this speed...

0 Kudos