ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 Upgrade Warning if 11.1 ArcGIS Enterprise Sites Security Patch

Jump to solution
12-10-2023 08:49 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hello - in preparing to pull the trigger on our 11.1 to 11.2 I ran a final search here and elsewhere in the geonet community as well at the Patches and Updates site:  This was just released:

https://support.esri.com/en-us/patches-updates/2023/defective-arcgis-enterprise-patch

PATCHES AND UPDATES

IMPORTANT: Defective Portal for ArcGIS patch

Published: December 8, 2023

A defect has been identified in the Portal for ArcGIS Enterprise Sites Security Patch for 10.8.1, 10.9.1, and 11.1. This patch was initially released in late June 2023 and has been disabled for download as of October 12, 2023 while this defect is investigated. ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1, 10.9.1, and 11.1 deployments on Windows with this patch installed are affected by this issue. 

The ArcGIS Enterprise Development team is actively working on a fix. In the meantime, if you have installed this patch, it is critical to not install any additional Portal for ArcGIS patches or hot fixes, uninstall any Portal for ArcGIS patches including this defective Portal for ArcGIS Enterprise Sites Security Patch, or uninstall or upgrade your Portal for ArcGIS environment. This site will be updated with further details.

We are here to help.  If you have any questions regarding this information, please reach out to Esri Technical Support or your Esri account manager. 

Support did confirm.  Unfortunately, I do have this patch installed (although it may have installed properly back on 06/28/23, the patch notification tool continued to show the patch as available).

28 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

@EricKriener  It depends on the version you are trying to upgrade to 11.2 from. What version of ArcGIS Enterprise are you currently running?

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
EricKriener
Occasional Contributor

EricKriener_0-1703087225347.png

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

@EricKriener Good news: the validation and repair tool as well as the Portal for ArcGIS 11.1 Enterprise Sites security patch C is available for download and use.  

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
EricKriener
Occasional Contributor

cool, so run the repair, then patch C, and I'm good to upgrade, @JonEmch ?

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes! Feel free to let me know how goes.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
AndresEcheverri
Occasional Contributor

@JonEmch  I wanted to double-check, if the patch was not installed in 10.9.1 , it's then safe to upgrade to 11.2?. Thanks 

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

I would advise you to wait for the validation and repair tool, however if you are certain that the patch was not installed, then you should be able to upgrade. Please make sure to create a snapshot of your deployment before upgrading.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
SaurabhUpadhyaya
Occasional Contributor

Recently upgared on 11.1 and in few months ESRI start relasing patches. I dont know how they are doing testing before releases. 

ChristinaKellum
New Contributor III

@JonEmch  We were impacted by the bug earlier this year, and repaired by un-registering and re-registering the Standby machine.  We followed the latest instructions for the new "Fixed" patch.  We ran the validate and repair tool and installed the new patch.  The Bug appeared again! We had to un-register, and re-register again.  The directions for those that were impacted by original bug seems like this new patch will not create the bug... but it did.

0 Kudos