Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS for Server + IBM Informix - enable geodatabase error

02-09-2015 08:35 AM
PawelChlebicki
New Contributor

Hello everyone!

I need your help with ArcGIS for Server and IBM Informix configuration.

I am currently working on the project (Proof of Concept) related to Galigeo Location Intelligence implementation. Galigeo is a connector for SAP BusinessObjects, enabling "geo" functionality in SAP BO. Galigeo uses ArcGIS for Server map services. I have my geometry in IBM Informix database and need to connect to this database from ArcGIS, enable geodatabase and publish map service.

First environment consists of:

- Windows Server 2008 R2

- IBM Informix 11.70 FC8

- IBM Informix Client SDK 3.70 FC8/TC8

- IBM Informix Spatial DataBlade Module 8.21 FC5

- IDS Blade Manager 4.20 FC1

- ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2

- ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2

- Galigeo G14.0

- SAP BO 4.1

On this environment I have successfully enabled geodatabase on test database. Now I am trying to do the same thing on second environment, which consists of:

- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5

- IBM Informix 11.70 FC7W2

- the rest of components is the same as on first environment

I can connect to database from ArcGIS for Desktop and add data using Add Query Layer, but I can not enable geodatabase functionality. The tool ends with underlying DBMS error (enclosed log file)...

Where should I look for reason?

Best regards,

Pawel Chlebicki

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PawelChlebicki
New Contributor

I made a mental shortcut...

First environment consists of one server (all software on one machine).

Second environment consists of two servers - first with Linux and Informix database and second - with Windows Server 2008 R2 and the rest of software (ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS for Server, Galigeo, etc)

Best regards,

Pawel Chlebicki

0 Kudos
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Pawel,

In the error log it appears the Enable Enterprise Geodatabase tool is attempting to create the sde.version table but failing. Can you confirm that the sde user does not already own this object in the database? If the table does exist, it may point to either a geodatabase previously existing there or the tool only partially completing.

0 Kudos
PawelChlebicki
New Contributor

Hi Christian,

I don't have access to the second environment at this time, but I have sent a question to the customer.

I launched Enable Geodatabse Tool many times, but it never finished, so geodatabse didn't exist in this database.

I also created clear database and launched Enable Goedatabase Tool on this database, but the tool didn't finish again... Enclosed logs from this task.

Best regards,

Pawel

0 Kudos
PawelChlebicki
New Contributor

I have an answer for your question. In the first database there aren't tables sde.version and sde.process_information. In a clear database I have created both tables exist. So we have an inconsistency between logs and reality...

Best regards,

Pawel

0 Kudos