ArcGIS Pro Add data store (file gdb)

02-13-2023 10:36 AM
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Greetings,

I am attempting to add a file gdb as a data store to ArcGIS Server.  I am getting an error upon validate that reads "the data item in inaccessible". 

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Tyler

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3
Enterprise 11.0

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

For a fgdb you only need to register a folder, no drivers required.  The ags must be able to see the folder and read from it though.  So you may need to set permissions to the folder for the ArcGIS server to read from it. 

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX

Adding to what @Scott_Tansley said, the folder that contains the file geodatabase should be accessible to the account running ArcGIS Server on each machine participating in the site. If you have a multi-machine site, you should be using a domain account. If you are using a local data path (C:\GISData\FGDB), it has to exist and be readable by the account on all the GIS Servers. Mapped drives will not work unless the mapped drive is set up for the ArcGIS Server account, but should be avoided (Use UNC paths instead).

0 Kudos
TylerT
by

@Scott_Tansley , @TonyContreras_Frisco_TX , when I am specifying the gdb to should I add the folder containing the gdb folder or the gdb file/folder?
i.e.
C:\GISData\city.gdb
or
C:\GISData

ESRI docs seem to bounce back and forth between calling a gdb a FILE and a FOLDER, which I can kind of see why, but it makes for ambiguity at times.

And once this gdb is registered and published, how do I access the feature classes whilst in the Portal?

Thank you,

Tyler

0 Kudos
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX

@TylerT , The folder that contains the fgdb (C:\GISData) is sufficient. To get service access to the data, you can add the data to ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap (depending on the version of ArcGIS Server you are using) and publish as a map service. Depending on what capabilities you need, you might enable feature access as well.

0 Kudos