arcgis server 10.1 sp1 issue in arcgis manager

Jump to solution
05-07-2013 05:49 PM
VadivelanPalanichamy
New Contributor II
Hi,

I installed Arcgis 10.1 server in windows 2008 R2, the arcgis manager was working fine..

But after installing arcgis 101 server sp1, the arcgis manager is not working.   I tried multiple times of repair options.

any help/idea will be helpful for me.

Thanks,
Vadivelan. P
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II
I agree with Richard. An error message can help. First, clear your browser cache (including cookies) and  try Server Manager again.

If that doesn't help,

Stop ArcGIS Server service

Search for and remove this file (if it exists):

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\etc\upgrade.txt (Windows)

Start ArcGIS Server

Test Server Manager again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I think that you are going to have to be more descriptive than saying "it is not working".

How is it not working?

Does it display any error information?
0 Kudos
ThomasMontefusco
I agree with Richard. An error message can help. First, clear your browser cache (including cookies) and  try Server Manager again.

If that doesn't help,

Stop ArcGIS Server service

Search for and remove this file (if it exists):

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\etc\upgrade.txt (Windows)

Start ArcGIS Server

Test Server Manager again.
0 Kudos
VadivelanPalanichamy
New Contributor II
Hello Tom,

After removing that upgrade.txt, it started to work..

actually, the error i got is, in IE localhost:6080/arcgis/manager shows as page cannot be displayed.

could you tell me, how this upgrade.txt file caused this issue ?

Thanks,
vadivelan. p
0 Kudos
ThomasMontefusco
Thanks, good to hear.

We have seen this issue occur during some SP1 upgrades.  Normally the file should be deleted after the installation.
0 Kudos
VadivelanPalanichamy
New Contributor II
Hi,

Something went while installing webadaptor 10.1 sp1, it asked me to reboot, after server10.1sp1 has gone.. it seems all server 10.1sp1 were rolled back.

so, installed again server 10.1sp1, this time no upgrade.txt, but the arcgis manager throws page cannot be displayed.

Again, uninstalled 10.1sp1, installed 10.1 server not sp1, but still arcgis manager throws page cannot be displayed.

i checked that javaw.exe is not running, when i compared with other machine where 10.1 is running fine.

any idea/suggestions?
0 Kudos
BijuThavaran
New Contributor II
We had the exact same issue where the server manager came up as "page cannot be displayed" after installing arcgis server 10.1 sp1.
Unlike for you this issue did not resolve even after deleting the upgrade.txt as suggested in this thread. What we finally ended up doing was copy the installer to the local drive on the server and running the installation as administrator.This worked for us. You may already be installing the software as admin but if you are not try it.

Thanks,

BT
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
For Vadivelan ,  make sure Web Adaptor is also at Service Pack 1 level. Also make sure you rebooted your computer.  If you are at SP1 and have rebooted the computer, restart IIS and also make sure to restart these Services:

World Wide Web Publishing Service and IS Admin Service
0 Kudos