ArcGIS Server - arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: ERROR 160235: There is not enough storage space to complete the operation

02-10-2023 04:08 AM
Colome
by
New Contributor II

I have ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 deployed to EMCS. I have a geoprocessing service published to the Hosted server which as part of the operation clips an esri provided image service. It works fine, but when the clipping extent is slightly large I get the following error. 

Error executing tool. RoughnessMapTool Job ID: j0ec761fca4af4acdbf7170354c52d479 : Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 213, in execute File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\ArcGIS\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\management.py", line 19530, in Clip raise e File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\ArcGIS\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\management.py", line 19527, in Clip retval = convertArcObjectToPythonObject(gp.Clip_management(*gp_fixargs((in_raster, rectangle, out_raster, in_template_dataset, nodata_value, clipping_geometry, maintain_clipping_extent), True))) File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\ArcGIS\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\geoprocessing\_base.py", line 512, in <lambda> return lambda *args: val(*gp_fixargs(args, True)) arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: ERROR 160235: There is not enough storage space to complete the operation. An invalid field name was used in a query string An invalid field name was used in a query string An invalid field name was used in a query string No resource could be found at that address. (status code 404).

When I run locally, the size of the files are no bigger than 30 mb, and I have some validation to prevent a large size being input into the tool that would use all the space on the server. 

Any ideas? Is there a setting on the ESRI server I need to change to allow for large processing size? I have set the "Maximum Number of Records Returned by Server:" to a reasonable size too. I use the scratch folder works; could I potentially use in_memory for the processing before saving the result to the scratch workspace to return the file

arcpy.env.workspace = arcpy.env.scratchFolder
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX
Occasional Contributor III

Based on the error help page and the error info that you provided, it is likely not related to storage space issues. There can be multiple causes for the error, and the output mentions invalid field name and no resource available at that address. Can your GIS server access the image service, or might there be firewall or web filtering preventing loading the service? Is the image service protected and requires signing in to access it? There could be other causes, but I think you will have to spend some time creatively troubleshooting this. If you have access to Esri Support, this might warrant creating a Case with them.

0 Kudos
Colome
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply Tony. The only thing that makes me think it is the size, is that the input is a drawn polygon extent, and when I draw a small polygon it works fine. It is only when I draw a large polygon (but not an overly sized one) I get the error. I am going to try raise it with ESRI support

0 Kudos
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX
Occasional Contributor III

That makes sense to look at the size. There is an input file limit setting on a service level (Max upload file size), but that is 2GB by default which sounds like enough. There is a post here that might have some information that is helpful to you. Hopefully Support will be able to find the setting or other cause for this failing.

0 Kudos