arcgis server export map does not contains custom font tff

02-07-2024 01:15 AM
xiaoguangyan
New Contributor III

I make custom font tff and use it to symbol layer, they export map pdf well when checked 'Embed All Font Document Fonts', but when I install the tff on the Windows Server 2012 and  I make a python script (also arcpy.mapping.ExportToPDF have set the embed_fonts true) and publish to arcgis server, and export use geoprocessing service to export pdf, the font symbol does not display, but when I install the tff on PC, and the arcgis server on PC, geoprocessing service can export pdf with custom font symbol display, I notice when I install the tff on PC, the right menu have the 'Install for all users' option, but when install on Windows Server 2012 does not have the option, Anyone who can help will be pleasure

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

True Type fonts, are installed 'per user' and not for the machine.  They appear to be in C:\windows\fonts, but other users cannot see them.  In this context the service account for ArcGIS Server (not you) cannot see the TTF that you've created.  Have a read of the Registry information you need to use here.

Scott Tansley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/
0 Kudos