ArcGIS Server Manager Error Message

12-14-2022 06:54 AM
JD1016
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I checked our ArcGIS Server Manager logs and noticed the following error message (see attached).

Anyone understand what this is trying to indicate or the resolution?

Everything seems to be running fine.

Thank you.

Jeff

0 Kudos
11 Replies
berniejconnors

@JD1016  Its hard to tell from the info in the error message.  You will need to share more columns from the log to get a better idea of what caused the error.  For example, which service triggered the errors?  If you look at the arcgis server logs in the ArcGIS Server Admin interface you will get more info / more columns.  And I find it easier to browse and scroll through the log with the Admin interface.

It could just be that one user is trying to do something that is unsupported.  Not really a big deal unless it happens a lot or if these requests take a long time to execute.  Every night we run a query on the web logs on our web adaptors to extract all of the requests that took more than 60 seconds to execute.  I review these daily to see if I can identify problems that can be fixed.  The list of long running requests is usually only a few records but sometimes it will be a few dozen.

Bernie.

JD1016
by

Hi Bernie,

I've never looked at the logs in Admin. 

I've logged into Admin, I see logs...where do I go from there?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Logs > Query > then you have to put in the begin and end date / time in the form. The max number of records you can request is 10,000, I think the default is 1000.
0 Kudos
JD1016
by

Having problems with the Start Time and End Time.  I keep getting "startTime must be epoch time or an ArcGIS server timestamp.

As an example, I put in "Dec 14, 2022, 10:53:53 AM" from my ArcGIS Server Manager but it does not like that form.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
I don't have access to my admin interface from my remote office today. But I think the format is "2022/12/14T10:53:53". There should be a link in Admin Interface page for Help or API Reference.
0 Kudos
JD1016
by

Unfortunately, that did not work either.  However, I did find an online converter that takes the data and time converts it over to a UNIX time stamp (epoch).  After applying those times it does kick out the columns you indicated but they are all blank underneath.

Through the API Reference, the Log Codes, or Process IDs or Request IDs are required.  Any idea on that component?

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Sorry - without access to my servers today I can't provide more help / examples.
JD1016
by

Not a problem.

You've been a huge help as always, Bernie.

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

Correction...the codes are indeed optional.  Sorry about that.  What actually did work was replacing your slashes with dashes and then everything came in fine.  I've attached another screenshot so you can comment on that run if it sheds any light on the issue from your perspective.

0 Kudos