ArcGIS Server Software Authorization Wizard Required esri domains through Firewall

Jump to solution
07-12-2023 02:24 AM
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Enterprise version: 10.9.1

I am trying to authorize the ArcGIS Server that I have installed using the License Provisioning file shared. My system is disconnected and I have asked the network administrator to provide access to domain service.esri.com(198.102.61.207). But still I am getting "Internet connection error".

Can anyone please list the domains that have to be allowed through firewall to complete authorization?

Please note it is not possible to get open internet access to the server in my organization.

Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss_0-1689153698158.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

@MarceloMarques Thanks I have used Wireshark to do the same and I couldn't find any ip apart from sevice.esri.com(198.102.61.207) relevant to this. As @ChrisUnderwood  suggested I went for the same offline method with a small change to avoid email goint out:

1. Generated the "authorize.txt" file

2. Logged in to the myesri.com with any organization account 

3. Opened the "https://my.esri.com/#/licensing/activations/secure-site" web page

4. uploaded the authorize.txt file

5. Generated the "authorization.ecp" file

6. Copied to the Server and opened it using "Sofware Authorization Wizard"

7. Click OK

The above method helped me.

Thanks a lot.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss , would using the licensing option "Authorise by email", allow you to bypass your Firewall and Internet access restrictions ?

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/10.9.1/install/windows/authorize-arcgis-server.htm

ChrisUnderwood_0-1689154865330.png

ChrisUnderwood_1-1689155009444.png

0 Kudos
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

Thanks @ChrisUnderwood , I didn't want to go through this method as the license file will go to a another department and I have to do it on multiple servers. The licensing department is suggesting to go with internet way, as it is simpler. And our network team needs the exact domain that are required to open them.

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@ChrisUnderwood - if you install Fiddler on your server then you can turn on Fiddler to capture all network traffic, then when you execute the Software Authorization you will capture exactly what is been blocked. I hope this helps.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

@MarceloMarques Thanks I have used Wireshark to do the same and I couldn't find any ip apart from sevice.esri.com(198.102.61.207) relevant to this. As @ChrisUnderwood  suggested I went for the same offline method with a small change to avoid email goint out:

1. Generated the "authorize.txt" file

2. Logged in to the myesri.com with any organization account 

3. Opened the "https://my.esri.com/#/licensing/activations/secure-site" web page

4. uploaded the authorize.txt file

5. Generated the "authorization.ecp" file

6. Copied to the Server and opened it using "Sofware Authorization Wizard"

7. Click OK

The above method helped me.

Thanks a lot.