Cache tiles all jumbled up!

02-28-2013 10:28 PM
MR
by
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm having problems when I enable caching on my services. When I go and view the service using the JavaScript viewer all the tiles are jumbled up (see screenshot). Any one know what the problem is?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22284[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
Hm, I've never seen that before.  What version are you using?  What service pack?  Have you tried to recreate all of the tiles through the Manage Map Server Cache Tiles tool?
0 Kudos
MR
by
New Contributor
Hi, thanks for the reply.

It's 10.1 with SP1 and yes we've tried to recreate the cache tiles but it happens every time (and on all services).

Mark
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Mark,

I had a similar problem, not quite as extreme as yours, when I was trying to change from using the online api to an api hosted on my own server. It turned out to be a typo in the URLs for the attached script files. Have you checked that all your linked scripts are correct?

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
MR
by
New Contributor
I am using hosted JSAPI because our server is not Internet facing. I shall double check the URL's as suggested.

Many thanks,

Mark
0 Kudos
MR
by
New Contributor
I am using hosted JSAPI because our server is not Internet facing. I shall double check the URL's as suggested.

Many thanks,

Mark

Just to let anyone who is interested to know. The problem was down to the JS API.
ESRI failed to mention an important step in the instructions for deploying the JSAPI on your own network.

Make sure the following imports are in: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\runtime\tomcat\webapps\arcgis#rest\www\client\mapserver\mapserverJSAPI.jsp:
<style type="text/css">
@import "<%=jsapiArcgisCssUrl%>";
@import "<%=cpath%>/static/jsapi.css";
@import "<%=jsapiArcgisUrl%>/js/esri/css/esri.css";
</style>

Discovered in: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/77698-dojo-is-undefined
0 Kudos