Can the same SAML Identity Provider in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise facility SSO between the two systems?

Jump to solution
09-25-2023 12:55 PM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

I'm curious if we configure our ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise environment with the same SAML identity provider, if users can seamlessly access content stored in each environment without having to login separately.  

For example, a user logs into ArcGIS Online, and opens a map that point to an ArcGIS Enterprise REST endpoint (an endpoint that is restricted via a Federated Portal) that the same user has access to in Enterprise, would that user have to _also_ login to Enterprise, or would AGOL pass the SAML identity token to Enterprise seamlessly?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

You can use the same SAML identity provider for both Enterprise and ArcGIS Online.

I don't think it will work the same as your example, I believe the user would have to login to both AGOL and ArcGIS Enterprise within the same browser session (two clicks) and then your example would be seamless for the user.

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."

View solution in original post

1 Reply
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

You can use the same SAML identity provider for both Enterprise and ArcGIS Online.

I don't think it will work the same as your example, I believe the user would have to login to both AGOL and ArcGIS Enterprise within the same browser session (two clicks) and then your example would be seamless for the user.

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."