Cannot connect to ArcGIS Server as admin

04-01-2019 07:31 AM
BenCochrane
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to connect to an ArcGIS server as an admin and have entered all the connection properties for my organisation  ( server URL, User Name and Pass ) correctly. However when I double click on the server connection in ArcCatalog I get the egg timer spinning for a minute or two followed by an error message stating "arcgis server slow down request rate. (status code 503)"

Using a different Admin account which was already setup with the same connection properties, I can connect fine to the server. I have looked at the connection properties for this acount and as far as I can tell they the settings are the same.

Can anyone help on why I am geting the above message and how to solve this issue ?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
QingShi
New Contributor

Hi Ben,

My understanding is that you cannot making a connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS Catalog using an admin account, but you can connect to the same ArcGIS Server ( same server URL) using a different admin account, correct?

Can you please try to log into the ArcGIS Server Manager or ArcGIS Server admin endpoint using this admin account? 

Could you also please check the server log message from manager using the admin account which works.

Thank you, please let me know if you have any questions.

0 Kudos