Coordinate System Transformation Installation Folder Query

04-11-2023 01:50 AM
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

I've followed the user guide provided by ESRI UK to install the latest coordinate systems and transformations data from myesri: https://communityhub.esriuk.com/technicalsupport/2017/2/21/adding-the-ostn15-ntv2-transformation#com...

The default location for the transformation files is C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\pedata

However, the data is installing to C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\CoordinateSystemsData\pedata

Do I need to migrate the files over to the default location, or will the Portal automatically pick up this location?

Using Enterprise 10.9.1.

EDIT: I tested publishing an OSGB service without moving the files into the default directory and the service didn't pick up the new transformation. I then copied the .gsb files into the default folder and published a new map service, which did successfully pick up the transformation. 

What's going on here? How can I not find clear concise instructions for the correct way to do this online?

David
..Maps with no limits..
2 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

When you download the installation files from My ESRI were they listed under Pro or Server? Or ArcMap? Wouldn't be surprised if the installer went with the x86 path by default based on the My ESRI selection.

Saw similar issues with people downloading later versions of coordinate systems data and then them not being supported in their release... Have to pick the same software and version.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

I just tested this and it did the same thing for 'Enterprise'.

I'd consider this something of a bug, albeit a very minor one. All the installers do is unpack grid files. They should at least put it in the right location?

0 Kudos