Create a base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment on one machine using powershell dsc

01-29-2024 02:50 AM
AhmedFathy74
Esri Contributor

Hello, while I was trying to install base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment on one machine using the script in simpleConfigs and I imported the ArcGIS Module  

first i got that error belwo:

Invoke-ArcGISConfiguration : The 'Invoke-ArcGISConfiguration' command was found in the module 'ArcGIS', but the module could not be
loaded. For more information, run 'Import-Module ArcGIS'.

and i run this "Import-Module ArcGIS"

then i tried to rerun the script 

Invoke-ArcGISConfiguration -ConfigurationParametersFile 'C:\Users\ahmed.fathy\Desktop\BaseDeployment-SingleMachine.json' -mode Install

i got another error

[ERROR] DSC Module only supports ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.x and later versions.
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\ArcGIS\ArcGIS.psm1:699 char:17
+ ... throw "[ERROR] DSC Module only supports ArcGIS Enterprise ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: ([ERROR] DSC Mod...later versions.:String) [], RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : [ERROR] DSC Module only supports ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.x and later versions.

I tried to install version 10.8.1 and i'm sure that i imported an updated module

so please if you can support me or you have met error like this, your reply will be appreciated. 

the script file is attached 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RanaDas
New Contributor III

Hi @AhmedFathy74 ,

Have you tried pushing the ArcGIS Module to the target machine. If not, please refer the below link.

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-powershell-dsc/wiki/Scripts-to-push-the-ArcGIS-Module

Detailed steps: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-powershell-dsc/wiki/Create-a-base-ArcGIS-Enterprise-deployment-on-one...

Regards,

Rana

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Remove the brackets "[" or "]" from around the version number, username, file patch, etc. They are included to help describe the text to be entered, but are not supported characters for any of the values the DSC is looking for.

0 Kudos
AhmedFathy74
Esri Contributor

Thanks @ReeseFacendini  for your reply 

the error is changed and now i got another error :

[ERROR] Starting from version 4.2.0, the DSC Module requires a different way of specifying the Web Adaptor Node configuration. Please make sure to update your
configuration file.

I feel I use a configuration file for 11.1 and there is another configuration file for 10.8.1 however i don't know how to get it to use and test
if you can help me your support is really appreciated 

Ahmed 

0 Kudos