Create Enterprise Geodatabase Error.. in PostgreSQL 9.2 using ArcCalaog 10.2

01-19-2014 10:25 PM
VivekRaj
New Contributor
Getting error while creating enterprise database

When i try to create enterprise database using ArcCalaog 10.2 then it gives error
    "You must copy the latest ST_GEOMETRY and dependent libraries to the PostgreSQL softeware location. "

I have already copied ST_GEOMETRY.dll in PostgreSQL lib directory from C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop<release#>\DatabaseSupport\PostgreSQL\Windows64, but still problem is same.

And also DLL's which is needed in ArcGIS client system is already copied in bin directory.

My Configuration details are:
    Windows server 2008R2 Standard 64bit
    PostgreSQl 9.2 64 bit
    PostGIS 2.0
    ArcGIS 10.2
    ArcCalaog 10.2

Many thanks if anybody help me to fix this issue.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewDavis
New Contributor
Getting error while creating enterprise database

When i try to create enterprise database using ArcCalaog 10.2 then it gives error
    "You must copy the latest ST_GEOMETRY and dependent libraries to the PostgreSQL softeware location. "

I have already copied ST_GEOMETRY.dll in PostgreSQL lib directory from C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop<release#>\DatabaseSupport\PostgreSQL\Windows64, but still problem is same.

And also DLL's which is needed in ArcGIS client system is already copied in bin directory.

My Configuration details are:
    Windows server 2008R2 Standard 64bit
    PostgreSQl 9.2 64 bit
    PostGIS 2.0
    ArcGIS 10.2
    ArcCalaog 10.2

Many thanks if anybody help me to fix this issue.

did you get the answer for this?

I may be wrong, but is the new ArcCatalog a 64bit app?  I am using the 10.1 instances right now..  I had to install both the ArcServer 64 dll s and then the ArcCatalog 32 bit dll s to make the whole thing work..

I was using postgreSQL 9.0.5  and PostGIS 2.0.  I don't know if postgreSQL 9.2 is supported.

Andy
0 Kudos
tKasiaTuszynska
New Contributor III

Vivek,

Unfortunately our naming convention for the st_geometry libraries specific to the version of Postgres could have been improved in 10.2. The st_geometry library is build specific to the version of Postgres and specific to the version of the geodatabase. So, if you are running Postgres 9.2, you need a library built for 9.2, which resided in the 9.2 folder under DatabaseSupport, if you took just the "st_geometry" library residing directly in the DatabaseSupport folder that library was build for Postgres 9.0.5. In which case you got a correct error message.

You can always check what version a library is built for, they are signed.

Right- click on the library in question, look under properties, details, the Postgres version will be indicated in the first line.

The linux libraries are also signed, use the "strings" command, at the very end of the output you will see the Postgres version.

For future versions of the Database Support folder we have changed the structure to place all st_geometries in folders that indicate the Postgres version.

Sincerely,

Kasia

0 Kudos